If you’ve been receiving persistent calls from Rocket Mortgage, you may be wondering why they keep contacting you. Rocket Mortgage is a popular online mortgage lender that uses technology to streamline the loan application process. In this article, we will explore the possible reasons why Rocket Mortgage keeps calling you and what you can do about it.
Why Rocket Mortgage Calls
1. Loan Application: One of the main reasons why Rocket Mortgage may be calling you is because you have initiated a loan application with them. If you have recently applied for a mortgage or refinancing through their website or mobile app, they may need additional information or have updates on your application status. It’s common for lenders to reach out to borrowers during the loan process to ensure a smooth and efficient experience.
2. Follow-up and Verification: Rocket Mortgage may also call you to follow up on any documentation or information they need to verify. Lenders often require various documents, such as income statements, tax returns, or proof of identification, to complete the loan application process. If there are any discrepancies or missing information, they may contact you to request the necessary documents or clarification.
3. Loan Offers and Promotions: As a marketing strategy, Rocket Mortgage may call you to inform you about new loan offers, promotions, or refinancing options that may be beneficial to you. They may try to provide you with personalized loan options based on your financial profile. These calls are aimed at attracting potential borrowers and expanding their customer base.
4. Customer Service and Support: Rocket Mortgage prides itself on providing excellent customer service. If you have any questions or concerns about your loan application, the loan process, or any other related matters, they may reach out to address your queries and provide support. They want to ensure that you have a positive experience and are well-informed throughout the loan process.
5. Mistaken Identity: In some cases, Rocket Mortgage may be calling you by mistake. It is possible that they have incorrect contact information or have confused you with someone else. If you are receiving calls from Rocket Mortgage but have not initiated any loan application or have no association with them, it is advisable to contact their customer service to clarify the situation and request that they remove your contact information from their database.
What to Do If Rocket Mortgage Keeps Calling
If you find the frequent calls from Rocket Mortgage bothersome or if you no longer wish to be contacted by them, there are a few steps you can take:
1. Ask to be Removed from their Call List: When you receive a call from Rocket Mortgage, politely ask the representative to remove your contact information from their call list. They are required to honor your request and stop contacting you for marketing purposes.
2. Block the Number: If the calls persist even after requesting to be removed from their call list, you can block the number on your phone. Most smartphones have a built-in feature that allows you to block specific numbers. This will prevent any further calls from that number.
3. Contact Rocket Mortgage Customer Service: If the issue persists or if you believe there has been a mistake, it is advisable to contact Rocket Mortgage’s customer service directly. Explain the situation and request that they resolve the issue promptly. They should be able to assist you and ensure that you are no longer contacted unnecessarily.
Rocket Mortgage may call you for various reasons, including loan application updates, verification, marketing offers, customer service, or even by mistake. If you are receiving calls from Rocket Mortgage and are unsure why, it is best to communicate with them directly to address any concerns or request to be removed from their call list if desired.