If you’re looking to temporarily disable Avast antivirus software, there are a few methods you can try. Whether you need to disable it for troubleshooting purposes or to install a specific program, this article will guide you through the steps to temporarily disable Avast antivirus software on your computer.
Disabling Avast Antivirus from the System Tray
One of the easiest ways to temporarily disable Avast antivirus is through the system tray icon. Follow these steps:
1. Locate the Avast icon in the system tray, usually found in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
2. Right-click on the Avast icon to open the context menu.
3. From the context menu, hover over the “Avast shields control” option.
4. A sub-menu will appear with options to disable Avast for various time durations, such as 10 minutes, 1 hour, until the computer is restarted, or permanently.
5. Choose the desired duration to disable Avast. If you want to disable it temporarily, select the appropriate time period.
Disabling Avast Antivirus from the Settings
If you prefer to disable Avast antivirus from the settings menu, follow these steps:
1. Open the Avast antivirus software on your computer.
2. Click on the “Menu” button located in the top-right corner of the Avast window.
3. From the drop-down menu, select “Settings.”
4. In the Settings window, navigate to the “Protection” tab.
5. Click on the “Core Shields” option.
6. You will see a list of shields that Avast provides. To temporarily disable Avast, toggle off the shields you want to disable.
7. A confirmation dialog will appear asking you to confirm the action. Click “Yes” to disable the selected shields temporarily.
Disabling Avast Antivirus from the Windows Security Center
If you’re using Windows Security Center, you can also disable Avast antivirus from there. Here’s how:
1. Open the Windows Security Center by clicking on the Windows Start menu and searching for “Windows Security.”
2. In the Windows Security Center, click on “Virus & threat protection.”
3. Under the “Virus & threat protection settings,” click on “Manage providers.”
4. You will see a list of installed antivirus software. Locate Avast and click on it.
5. In the Avast settings, toggle off the “Real-time protection” option.
6. A confirmation dialog will appear asking you to confirm the action. Click “Yes” to disable Avast temporarily.
Temporarily disabling Avast antivirus software can be done through the system tray, settings menu, or Windows Security Center. Whether you need to disable it for troubleshooting or installing certain programs, following the steps mentioned above will help you achieve your goal. Remember to re-enable Avast once you have completed the desired task to ensure your computer remains protected.
– Avast Support: support.avast.com
– Microsoft Support: support.microsoft.com